23 June 2017 – Astro-Weather: New Moon occurs at 9:31 pm CDT. At its New phase, the Moon crosses the sky with the Sun & so remains hidden by our Day-star. Because the Moon also reaches perigee, the closest point in its orbit around Earth, today we can expect higher than normal tides for the next few days.
Blessings to all on this New Moon St John’s Eve
ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
2006 – the Deathday of Rene Querido, General Secretary of the Anthroposophical Society in America, pupil of W.J.Stein, teacher, & writer, my favorite of his works: “The Golden Age of Chartres” : The Teachings of a Mystery School and the Eternal Feminine.
POD (Poem Of the Day)
Hot horns of light
Frame the dreaded Forerunner…
Wild Pan the Baptist
With wort & rue in his pouch
Locusts & raw honey on his breath,
Anoints the mistletoe
In the oak-grove.
The God has gone into the grain
The Sun is on the water
The edge of the rioting rose
Begins to melt
Its scent is heavy on the heat
Stealing the breath
From the hot mouth of God
Her infer-red ruby steams
The magnetic stains of light
To guide the Summer-Tide Soul
Into the labyrinth
Where the Oak King crests
And gives way
To the Dark Holly Twin
In the new mysteries we strive at St. John’s Tide toward an enhanced awareness of our will forces – an effort to ‘make straight the path’, to recognize our potential for discordant, as well as selfless acts; an effort to enable the higher ego to come to expression ever more fully in the mysterious recesses of our personal priorities with respect to our will. In the Summer-Tide, through ‘the great window of heaven’ we experience an interaction between humanity and the sun forces, assisting us to develop an awareness of our ego. The summertime union between the sun and earth is actually a reunion between the divine gods of the spiritual sun & their offspring, humankind. We can contemplate this dynamic & bring it to life in our soul most strongly at this time.
Come join us in community as we put Anthroposophy into practice in the world
Friday June 23rd 2017 – Zinniker Family Farm N 7399 Bowers Rd. Elkhorn, WI 53121
Family Friendly Pot Luck 6:30 pm – Bee & Stag Bon-fire & Drum Circle 8 pm
$10 – All Donations go to the Zinniker farm –
Bring a folding-chair & your drum, shaker or music maker (or borrow one of ours)
St. John’s Festival: Cosmic Rapture Grounded in Jubilant Hearts –
Understanding the evolving human consciousness, we move ecstatic-ritual into Heart-Thinking
SATURDAY June 24th 2017, 1 pm – 4 pm – at the Rudolf Steiner Branch
Dulcimer – Dr. Elaine Wagner
Tone of the Day with original art (collaged slides) by Hazel Archer Ginsberg
To pass the test of Summer we will explore many questions:
- How do we stand wakefully within the sublime mysteries of the Summer-Tide, to consciously embody ‘the spiritual wisdom of the gods’?
- Who is the ‘John’ of St. John’s-Tide?
- What is the mystery of the Bee & Stag? The Dragon-fly, & other elemental beings?
- Who is the mysterious Archangel of Summer?
Then we will work to strengthen our True “I” – Enlivening our Will Forces, with Social-Artistic Exercises:
- In the ‘gallery’ with Karen Hartz, we will speak together the Calendar of the Soul, Verse #12 – the St John’s Mood –
- Render our impressions from the verse with pastels…
- View & discuss our impressions
- Eurythmy, “I Think Speech” (and more if Elena Baba joins us!?!)
- Thoughts on the Elementals of Summer
- Questions to the Universe with Victoria Martin
- Sing with Elisabeth Swisher
- End with the last panel of the Foundation Stone